History


Arias, Fábrega & Fábrega traces its origins back to 1893, when Dr. Julio J. Fábrega started his practice of law in Panama City. The firm as we know it today, dates back to 1914 when Dr. Julio J. Fábrega and Dr. Harmodio Arias M. first became associated in a partnership called Fábrega & Arias.

Fábrega & Arias partnership continued until 1932 when Dr. Harmodio Arias M. withdrew from the firm to serve as the 10th President of Panama, and Dr. Octavio Fábrega became a partner, changing the firm’s name to Fábrega & Fábrega.

In 1936 Dr. Harmodio Arias M. completed his term as President and returned to the firm. The senior partner at the time, Dr. Julio J. Fábrega, stated that for reasons of protocol the name should be changed to Arias, Fábrega & Fábrega, and the name has remained ever since.

Dr. Julio J. Fábrega studied law in the Republic of Colombia at the end of the Nineteenth Century. Dr. Harmodio Arias M. was a graduate of the University of Cambridge and the London School of Economics. Dr. Octavio Fábrega graduated from Harvard Law School (L.L.B.) and Georgetown Law School (S.J.D.).

The three ARIFA founders and subsequent partners have held numerous posts as public servants. 

100 years after its foundation, ARIFA carries on the tradition passing down the believes and solid values established by its founders, to a legal team committed to serving the interests of our clients with the highest professional standards and practical, cost-effective solutions.